Wednesday, February 28, 2018

The Box, My Hub


Welcome to writing and business office, my hub, which I call...The Box.
My office is in a studio out back facing my mini forest, only a small portion of the studio is dedicated for the office and its box like so I made this sign to dress it up a bit. Studio is a stretch word, it's really more like a fancy shack. ha ha
I spent a good deal of time sprucing it up, so I could be comfortable and have access to few things I need on hand. I even made shelves for my writing books and script files.


And several cork boards line the walls. This one is general, containing of things I want, photos, tid-bits, and a schedule (which I am sorry to say I rarely adhere to). Oh, check out the little Goddess plaque my hubby made about me.


My story board which is in the early stages right now. I custom made this one, so it would be more functional and big enough to hold an outline of all three acts. Above it, is place/setting I have for my next story idea.


I have a wide variety of tastes when it comes to reading. So please do not judge me from the books on the shelves. I read a lot of different things to expand my view on the world in which I write.



Inside the folders are script bibles, on stories already in the works. Except for Big Black folder, which is my story idea book volume 1. (volume 2 is in the works).



So there you have it, small and dusty, nothing "glam" about it. This is where I write, plot, and dream. I also handle nuts and bolts of business stuff from here too.

I decided that to keep things interesting here that I would include on Words of the Week. I use to do this when I worked as a night guard. It's a good way to kill time and learn too. I would suggest if you have kiddos at home to do this. Buy a cheap dry erase board and a dictionary (you can use the internet if you like) and let the kiddos have fun with it. You don't have to just define, let them come up with sentences or story idea's based off the words you've chosen for the week.      
So here we go, with my massive Webster's Dictionary, (I know most folks don't own one anymore, what can I say, I am old school) I am going to pull 3 words with definitions starting with the letter A.


1) aero-pause: (noun) 1. The level above the Earth's surface where the atmosphere becomes
ineffective for human and aircraft functions.

2) agonist: (noun) 1. One that is engaged in a struggle. 2a. A muscle that is controlled by the action of an antagonist with which it is paired. 2b: a chemical substance capable of combining with a nervous receptor and initiating a reaction - compare to antagonist 2b.  

3) amenable: (adjective) 1. Liable, to be brought to account: answerable. 2a. capable of submission (as to judgement or test) 2b. Readily brought to yield or submit.     

Hmmm...#1 could be used in a sci-fi story. #2 and #3 I could use a lot in my stories.

Okay, more fun, Song of the Week. My hubby is a big you tube fan and is always playing music from there, mainly old stuff...since we are old. he he

This one always puts me in a good mood. Here we go, Sugar Sugar by the Archies 

I watch a lot of movies, well I write them. I am a huge paranormal fan so I watched one on Netflix called 'A Haunting at Silver Falls'. Good little flick, so that's my Movie of the Week. Here is a link to it hopefully you have a Netflix account.

Well it's time to sign off for today. I have writing to do on my script 'The Good Samaritan'. I have 46 days to complete it. I am going to enter it in the Austin Film Festival this year. Which I hope I will be able to attend. I don't know financially if I can afford it this year. Last time I attended, I spent a lot. 

I am going to make pages for my/our completed works. So check back. Peace ya'll

No comments:

Post a Comment