Thursday, March 8, 2018

Get Off Your Butt Girl

That is my motto this week, and already I have missed yesterdays post. Sorry folks, I sometimes don't adhere to schedules since I retired. I have been busy this week with my shops. When I checked them today I noticed Etsy is running a post on female business owners, interesting, here is the link.

https://www.etsy.com/international-womens-day?ref=womens_day_hp_hero_primary

Aside from the my small business tasks, since the last post that is. I have decided that my hang up on my script " The Good Samaritan" is going to take much more work than the amount time I have to complete it for the Austin competition, on back in the folder it went, and I have redone the  storyboard. I am moving forward with a re-write of "State School Road". Here's a teaser, not calling it a logline because it needs to shortened..

Death stalks internal affairs investigator Rachel Warren as she seeks refuge in an undercover assignment after the tragic loss of her husband and son. What was suppose to be a fact finding mission to reveal the truth behind an inmates unusual demise leads into a twisted paranormal occurrence where everything is relevant, but not always what it seems. 

In short its a ghost story that takes place in a prison. I will discuss this in greater length next time, as I should be working on it instead of blog. I now have 38 days to get it done.

So words of the week.

1) beta-wave (noun) an electrical rhythm of the brain with a frequency of 13 to 30 cycles per second that is associated with normal conscious waking experience___also called beta, beta rhythm.  

I wonder what happens when the cycles are off? Hmmm there could be a story here:)

2) brash- (adj) 1: brittle (wood) 2a: tending to act in a headlong fashion. 2b: done in haste without regard for consequences.

This one describes nine out of ten Houston drivers!

3) bug-eyed- (adj) having eyes bulging. 

I can really use this one.

Song of the week.

Phil Collins "In the Air Tonight"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkADj0TPrJA

I chose this song today to put me in the mood as write my script "State School Road". I actually used this in a scene when she was driving to the prison for the first time.

Movie of the Week

The Amityville Horror (2005) 
https://www.netflixmovies.com/the-amityville-horror-2005

The Amityville Horror (1979)
https://binged.it/2oVTePf

Last week I saw a documentary on Reels channel about Amityville that sparked my hunger for a good scary movie night. Searched my collection for hours, and finally found my DVD of the original movie (which is the best in my opinion) of Amityville, but it didn't have captions. Damn it, getting old sucks rocks, I don't hear well so I like to tread the movie on by big TV. So I didn't get to watch it.
My hubby seeing how disgruntled I was found the 2005 version with captions at a used game and movie shop and brought it home so I could have my scary fix. Hubby is sweet like that:)
This version is not the original by far, but its a decent remake, if you have already seen the first.
I included a link to the 1979 version, but I have never used this before, not sure it will work for you.

Okay, I gotta run. I am behind for the day and its almost suppertime. Peace Ya'll.

No comments:

Post a Comment